Polish physician; born at Warsaw in 1797; died there in 1853. After graduating from the Warsaw Lyceum in 1815, hestudied medicine at the Berlin University, from which he was graduated in 1822. After his return to Poland he was for a year assistant physician at the university clinic of Warsaw; in 1829 he was appointed house-physician of the Warsaw Jewish Hospital; and in 1834, chief physician. He is the author of "De Phthisi Pulmonum," published in 1818.
- S. Orgelbrand, Encyklopedya Powsiechna, ii., Warsaw, 1898.