YA'ISH, DAVID B. ABRAHAM IBN:
Representative of the community of Seville and contemporary of Asher b. Jehiel. He was probably a brother of Solomon b. Abraham ibn Ya'ish and the father of the Solomon b. David ibn Ya'ish mentioned by Judah b. Asher ("Zikron Yehudah," p. 12a).
- Ibn Verga, Shebeṭ Yehudah, 18, 31;
- Grätz, Gesch. vii. 541 et seq.;
- Steinschneider, Hebr. Uebers. pp. 686, 939;
- Hebr. Bibl. vi. 115 (on the identity), xvii. 119, xix. 93 et seq.;
- Jost's Annalen, i. 231, 302;
- Asher b. Jehiel, Responsa, Nos. 13, 2; 18, 1.